There are a couple of appliances and kitchen gadgets that I’ve purchased over the year that have completely altered my culinary way of life. My new Soda Stream carbonated water maker is one of them.
For years I’ve struggled with drinking the recommended 64 oz. of water a day. I don’t like water. I never did. I think it’s boring. I could go an entire day without drinking. However, with my new Soda Stream, making carbonated water is simple and it’s added just that right amount of FIZZ in my life- exactly what I needed! I can turn tap water into sparkling water in under 30 seconds, with no clean-up. I can enjoy the freshness and convenience of homemade soda and protect the environment at the same time with no heavy bottles to carry!
Soda Stream is an “Active Green” product, meaning that consumers are actively reducing their CO2 footprint every time they make soda or sparkling water at home instead of buying it from the store. The more the system is used on a daily basis, the more CO2 footprint the user actively saves.
Because Soda Stream uses water straight from the tap, the system makes traditional store-bought beverage bottles obsolete. That means less plastic manufactured, less plastic waste is created, and fewer bottled beverages must be transported from manufacturers to distributors to stores to homes. Doesn’t this make you feel GOOD! You’re helping to save the environment.
And, did you know that seltzer water is simply just carbonated water with a bit of added sodium? Tonic water is genuinely different. It’s really a soda, since it has sugar as well as carbonation! Having just learned this, I always opt for the healthier seltzer option. Ever since using my new appliance, I’ve been making pitchers and pitchers and pitchers of awesome White Wine Sangria. It’s the perfect summer cool down drink–cold and enticing– for those late afternoon hours. Simply chop up some fresh summer fruits like apples and pears and plums and peaches, throw them in a pitcher with two bottles of white wine and some sugar, let them sit in the fridge over night and then add in ¾ of a bottle of seltzer before serving and you’ve just made restaurant-quality sangria.
No you’ve got a chance to win your very own Soda Stream Jet Starter Kit for your kitchen that features the following:
- Freshly made, great tasting sparkling water/seltzer in less than 30 seconds with no mess
- SodaStream Jet soda maker in black/silver, one carbonator (good for making up to 60L of soda), and one BPA-free plastic bottle
- Requires no electricity or batteries–great for using in RVs and boats
- Reusable carbonating bottles last for three years with hermetically sealed caps to keep drinks fresh and fizzy
So, what are you waiting for?
One (1) lucky winner will receive a Soda Stream Fountain Jet Starter Kit
How to Enter
To enter to win, simply leave a comment in the post letting telling me what you’d like to make with your new appliance. That’s it! You’re entered to win!
Additional (Optional) Entries
To up your chances of winning, you can receive up to FOUR additional entries to win by doing the following (these are optional, not required):
1. Subscribe to My Judy the Foodie by RSS. Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment.
2. Become a fan of My Judy the Foodie on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment.
3. Follow My Judy the Foodie on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment.
4. Follow @myjudythefoodie on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment.
The Fine Print
Deadline: Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: A winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. The winner will also be notified via email and the My Judy the Foodie fan page on Facebook; if the winner does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
White Wine Sangria
- 1 Bottle of your favorite white wine
- 2/3 cup of sugar (if you’re adding the brandy and triple sec, reduce this to 1/2 cup)
- 1 apple sliced into tiny pieces
- 1 pear sliced into tiny pieces
- 1 peach sliced into tiny pieces
- 1/2 liter of seltzer water (for sweeter punch, use ginger ale)
- Pour wine into a container and add in fruit slices, sugar and additional alcohol.
- Seal lid tightly and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Add club soda (or ginger ale) right before serving.
- Relax, sip and enjoy!