Lucky for me, my two go to Cole Slaw recipes have never yielded any left overs. While Mom’s Venezuelan Cole Slaw is appreciated for its lack of traditional creamy mayonnaise, this particular slaw recipe gets credit for its freshly chilled grapes and almonds. It’s ideal as a summer side.
It’s a flavorful trifecta with the sweetness from the grapes,, the crunch of the almonds and the bitterness of the cabbage. You can also replace the sugar with honey and use red onions
Cole Slaw with White Grapes and Almonds
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 2 cups grapes (red or green)
- 1 cup shredded blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- fistful of grated yellow onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Chop all items into small pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Make a past of the salt, sugar, dry mustard, vinegar and grated onion.
- Pour paste over cabbage mixture and stir in 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Decorate with parsley and grapes. Enjoy!