While I am away on vacation, I’m reposting some of my holiday favorites. Enjoy!
The other night, I decided to make some chocolate dipped clementines while I was getting dinner together. I had a bag of the fruit sitting on my counter top for days. We peeled them, and dunked them in Baker’s chocolate, and then sprinkled them with sea salt and popped them in the refrigerator to harden. It only takes 3 ingredients and 10 minutes to make.
Chocolate covered clementines are the perfect two-bite sized treat for après dinner or a refreshing mid-afternoon snack. The juicy citrusy sweetness of the Clementine, combined with the powerful sweetness of the hardened chocolate and the light dusting on the salt render the taste of these treats truly unique…..to the point where you just can’t eat one slice! But that’s ok, because if you eat the entire bowlful, you can easily and quickly make another batch!
By dessert time, they were ready-to-be- served. That’s right, two cookie trays full of chocolate covered clementines disappeared in less than 10 minutes.
Adults will enjoy this as much as the kids!
Chocolate Covered Clementines
- 8-10 medium clementines
- 4 ounces dark or medium Baker’s chocolate, broken into segments
- sea salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel and segment clementines; set aside.
- Melt dark or semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Gently dip clementine slices into chocolate and place on cookie sheet sheet. Sprinkle slices with tiny pinches of sea salt before the chocolate sets.
- Place cookie sheets in refrigerate sheet for 10 minutes to quickly harden chocolate. You can store your clementine slices in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.