from Fairway Markets
· 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and shredded
· 3 large eggs
· 1 Spanish onion, diced
· 1 cup vegetable oil
· 4 tablespoons matzo meal
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
· sour cream
1. Mix the potatoes, eggs, onion, matzo meal, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy pan until it is just short of smoking.
3. Use a soup spoon to portion out each pancake into two soup spoonfuls per pancake.
4. Place each potato pancake in the pan, browning them for 2-3 minutes per side.
5. When done, take each pancake out of the pan and drain on a paper towel.
6. Serve with a side of apple sauce and sour cream and enjoy!