Father's Day : No Bake Cherry Pie
Author: adapted from Eating Well Magazine
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 8 slices
A refreshing fruity no-bake summer pie!
- 4 cups halved pitted sour or sweet cherries, fresh
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ cup plus 4 teaspoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pre-made 9×13″ graham cracker crust
- 2 8-ounce packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups nonfat plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (Chobani)
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cherries, ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch with 4 teaspoons water, then stir into the cherry mixture; return to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid thickens and looks syrupy, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Spread over the crust.
- Spoon the cherry mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.