It’s a snow day today and National Pie Day!
Translation: stay in to make your favorite pie. Naturally, I made our favorite No Bake Strawberry Raspberry Pie. Note, we usually use rhubarb but since it’s not in season, we happily substituted with raspberries.
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 prepared 9″ pie crust
- Combine the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the water in a small bowl and stir until the mixture is combined.
- Combine the sugar, raspberries and the remaining ½ cup of water in a medium-size saucepan. Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the raspberries until they are falling apart, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, until the mixture is thickened.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the strawberries, butter, and vanilla.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Cover the pie and refrigerate until the filling is completely gelled, at least 3 hours (time will vary).
- Serve with a whipped topping and enjoy!