THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALICE CUNNIGHAM for winning the cooler.
It’s hard to believe July 4th is next week!
I always felt the July 4th holiday was also the unofficial kick off to summer–schools are closed nationwide, BBQs are fired up, people are ready to celebrate. Many people will participate in fun excursions to celebrate family and embrace the warmer days of summer. We’ll be headed to the beach.
Whether you’re hiking, going on a road trip, hanging out by a pool, or simply enjoying some peace and quiet in your backyard, who wouldn’t want to have a nice, well-insulated cooler to stock with food and drink? I’ll admit, I’ve never owned one.
We usually pack for the beach in a big tote bag, throwing in everything from towels to sunscreen to bottles of water and snacks. We might pack an “insulated bag” that can hold, at most, 2 bottles but generally we’ve only packed non-perishable dry food items that can survive hours in the heat on their own.
So, let’s celebrate Independence Day in a kool way! You can enter to win a Koolatron 14-Quart Soft-Sided Electric Travel Cooler! Friends, this isn’t your average clunky old school Igloo cooler. Your Koolatron cooler has:
- Soft-sided electric travel cooler with cigarette-lighter car plug-in
- Adjustable shoulder strap; external zippered pocket for storage
- Cools to 16.5°C (30°F) below ambient temperature;
- Holds 14 quarts or up to twenty 12-ounce cans; holds 2-liter bottles upright
That’s right, you can plug your cooler in to your car cigarette lighter to keep your food and beverages extra cool before you expose them to the elements of the great outdoors.
Going hiking for the afternoon and want to pack a nice picnic lunch with cheeses and chocolate? Now you can, without fear of melting.
Simply traveling to farmer’s markets collecting your favorite raw cheeses, milks and meats? Store them in your cooler!
So, wherever your holidays, weekends, or summer travels may take you, the Koolatron 14-Quart Soft-Sided Electric Travel bag makes your experiences that much COOLER!
Enter to win!
Koolatron 14-Quart Soft-Sided Electric Travel Cooler
One (1) winner will receive a Koolatron 14-Quart Soft-Sided Electric Travel Cooler!
How to Enter
To enter to win, simply leave a comment in the post letting telling me what foods you’d pack in your new cooler. That’s it, you’re entered to win.
Additional (Optional) Entries
To up your chances of winning, you can receive up to FOUR additional entries to win by doing the following (these are optional, not required):
1. Subscribe to My Judy the Foodie by RSS. Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment.
2. Become a fan of My Judy the Foodie on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment.
3. Follow My Judy the Foodie on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment.
4. Follow @myjudythefoodie on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment.
The Fine Print
Deadline: Monday July 2, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: A winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. The winner will also be notified via email and the My Judy the Foodie fan page on Facebook; if the winner does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
And, don’t think we’re going to leave you hanging without a recipe. Whether you’re hiking in the woods, basking on the beach, or headed out on a road trip, this is my all time favorite snack to take for the family. It’s easy to make and super tasty and doesn’t require refrigeration. Enjoy and happy trails.
Chex Patio Mix
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup pretzel sticks and/or salted nuts
- Melt butter slowly in skillet over a low flame.
- Stir in seasoning and blend well.
- Add Chex and pretzels and mix until pieces are coated with nutter mixture.
- Cover and heat slowly, stirring for 10 minutes.
- Spread out and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!