R Baby Foundation: Saving Babies’ Lives

I'm taking a break from cooking today to highlight a very important issue... In 1973, at the age of 2 years old, I was rushed to the Pediatric Emergency Department at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD.  Unbeknownst to my parents, I had swallowed an entire bottle of Lomotil medicine I found while playing with my mother’s pocketbook. Lomotil is a prescription medicine used to treat diarrhea and contains a poisonous ingredient called atropine.  They had no idea I had inadvertently overdosed and subsequently poisoned myself.  They … [Read more...]