Today’s recipe from Lauren Kelly Nutrition is an amazingly refreshing Mexican Kale Salad with her celebrated Creamy Avocado Dressing.
Any salad with Kale as its base and avocado in the dressing should be a winner. It’s light, yet tasty, and surprisingly, quite filling as the addition of the Greek yogurt adds creaminess and protein.
Bonus: this salad should hold in an airtight container for 5 days!!
It’s perfect for spring!
- For the salad:
- 6 cups chopped curly kale
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup tortilla strips for topping
- For the Dressing:
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup plain Stonyfield Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth. Place in airtight container for at least 2 hours so the flavors blend.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the salad. Add dressing. Toss well and serve immediately.