Red Snapper Fillets
Author: Gloria Kobrin
Recipe type: Entree
Tasty Red Snapper Fillets.
- 2 cups plantain chips crushed-medium/fine
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 six ounce red snapper fillets skin off
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Beat egg with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Pour plantain crumbs into other shallow dish.
- Rinse fillets and pat them dry. Dip fillets in crumbs, then in egg and then again in crumbs. Set aside.
- Pour oil in skillet and heat over medium flame. Carefully, slip fish into hot oil. Saute 4 minutes on one side before slowly turning them over and browning on the other side.
- Remove fillets with spatula and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.