A refreshing blueberry, banana, honey smoothie with flax seed is the perfect drink that’s become a part of our breakfast routine.
Like any smoothie, there’s no skill required for its production. Just dump all of the ingredients together and push blend.
I used 1 cup of frozen blueberries and one banana but, feel free to increase the amount of fruit for added taste. I also added in a scoopful of flax seed because, why not? Flax seed has many healthy benefits, most notably the boost of Omega 3.
If you have chia seeds laying around or wheat germ, or whatever, dump some in too. You should feel free to add any additional ingredients to your blender and just taste test the drink you go. That’s the beauty about smoothies, you’re the mad scientist with the ability to tweak the potion.
Not surprising, both of my kids gave it the thumbs up and thoroughly enjoyed trying to slurp the clumpy drink through a tiny straw.
This smoothie is just as good as an après afternoon workout drink as it is served for breakfast in the morning.
Take your pick but, I’m sure you will enjoy.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 6 ounces plain nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (can use reduced fat milk too)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Place your ingredients in the blender and start blending on low speed. Gradually increase the speed until all ingredients are smooth.
- Add another 30-60 seconds to add air which makes the smoothie lighter.