We all know Fridays can get a little crazy by the end of the day and the next thing we know, we’re halfway through Saturday morning without a plan. Wouldn’t your transition from “work mode” to “weekend mode” become more seamless if you were armed with some new meal Judy’s suggestions? It’s safe to say that sometimes, when someone does the thinking for you, things tend to seem easier? (Oh, by the way, you are welcome to define Dry work and weekend mode however you see 126 fit….no judgements here).
So, I’ve decided to play recipe roulette with the massive binder I’ve compiled of Mom’s creations cheap mlb jerseys — welcome to Friday-Food-Frenzy. Every Friday I will post two or three of Mom’s recipes for you to have in your back pocket before the weekend begins, just in case you’re willing to experiment. Enjoy!
To help celebrate Patent Memorial Day Weekend, this coleslaw is a welcomed side addition at any barbecue. It’s light and refreshing (with just the right amount of crunch) and you can make it in under 25 minutes!!
Judy’s Cole Slaw
- ½ head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 pkg. chicken flavored Ramen noodles
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- 4 scallions
makes approximately 6 servings
- Break up Ramen noodles wholesale nfl jerseys on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkled on slivered almonds.
- Bake 10 minutes @ 300 degrees.
- Combine crispy, crunchy Ramen noodles and almond mixture with the cabbage and scallions.
For dressing, combine the following and add immediately to salad:
- ½ c. oil
- 6t. cider vinegar*
- 5t. sugar
- ¼ t. black pepper
- seasoning cheap nba jerseys packet from Ramen noodles
* can substitute with white wine vinegar too
For the next recipe, your knee-jerk response will be, BORING, who needs another brownie recipe? I promise you this one has a little “kick” to it. Again, if you’re headed to a barbecue, this is a quick-and-easy recipe that will definitely HAt raise some eyebrows.
Judy’s Brownies with a Twist
- 1 Box of Chocolate Fudge Cake mix
- 1/3 cup of Kahlua
- 1c oil
- 1pt sour cream
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
makes at least 12 brownies* (depending on size)
- Mix together ingredients.
- Pour in well-greased square backing pan (size variations mentioned on cake box).
- Bake @ 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour (could be longer, keep checking center of brownies with toothpick).