Don’t get fooled into thinking that the grill is only a destination for meats in the summertime.
Last summer I had an AHA moment when I started grilling fruits and vegetables on the grill and my family actually LOVED the dishes. That’s right. Move over hot dogs and burgers and chicken breasts and say hello to grilled peach halves and grilled curly kale!
Once you’ve warmed up to grilled peaches, try some grilled bananas as they’re quite tasty too.
I hope you enjoy my kale video and grilled fruits recipe and remember, nothing tastes better in the summer than eating fruits and veggies picked directly from your garden (or picked from someone’s garden).
Grilled Peaches and Grilled Bananas
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 bananas
- 2 peaches
- Stir together all of the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- For bananas: peel and cut crosswise and then lengthwise. Using a basting brush, coat bananas and place directly on grill on medium heat for 6 minutes, turning very gently until grill marks are visibly seen.
- For peaches: Halve the peaches and remove pits. Place in a bowl with the glaze and then place cut side down directly on grill at medium heat. Grill 10-12 minutes, turning after 7-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately and top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.