I wanted to share a St. Patrick’s Day Irish Hash recipe created by Pure Organic founder and author of Pure Food, Veronica Bosgraaf. Perfect as a festive meal with friends and family, this recipe is the epitome of comfort food Irish-style. As a mother, Veronica believes in only using the highest-quality yet affordable ingredients to make easy meals at home for her kids.
On St. Patrick’s Day, who doesn’t want festive comfort food?
This vegan, gluten-free dish works perfectly, and it is so hearty, Veronica promises you won’t miss the corned beef. She even believes you could make it for breakfast too with an organic, free-range fried egg on top of each serving. You decide when you want to eat it but, you must try!
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large leek (white and pale green part only), sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the potatoes begin to brown, about 7 minutes. Add the leek and red pepper and continue cooking until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through, about 7 more minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage and parsley and remove the pan from the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.