I needed to make a dessert and I needed one fast.
I needed to make something from the ingredients I had stashed in my pantry and fridge. There was NO time to run out to the store on a wild goose chase.
Lucky for me, I conducted a quick search online and found this recipe from one of my favorite sites: Donuts, Dresses and Dirt.
I let out a huge sigh of relief.
Although I’ve grown to love baking from scratch, I knew this recipe would taste great, even though it mainly comes from a boxed mix.
Sometimes, when in a time crunch, you have to set your baking morals aside and just rip open that box and dive in.
If you’re looking for a rich, decadent, moist and extra flavorful cake, that you can prepare and bake in under 70 minutes, you’ve just hit the recipe jackpot.
Enjoy….I know you will.
Easy Chocolate Cake
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 package 4-serving instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. each water, vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350; prepare one tube pan or two 9″ x 5″ loaf pans with flour and parchment paper.
- Beat all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, on high for 3 minutes.
- Fold in the chips.
- Pour batter in pans; bake till a toothpick or cake tester tests clean (about 60 minutes for the tube cake, 45 minutes for the loaves).
- Cool in pans on rack (25 minutes for the tube cake, 10 for the loaves) – remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar prior to serving.